Welcome to the Two Credits Weekly Sales Roundup, Volume 6! Check out this special report to have a handy overview of some of the best deals in gaming every week. As usual, all prices listed here are correct at the time of writing (but subject to change) and are listed in USD.
Jump past the break to see what’s on offer this week.
This week GOG’s running an absolute boatload of sales, and oh boy it feels like Christmas. Right now we’ve got the Piñata Madness Sale, the Weekly Megasale, and the Twisted Horrors Sale. The Piñata Madness and Weekly Megasale last until August 21, 2017 @ 10PM UTC, while the Twisted Horrors Sale runs until August 21, 2017 @ 1PM UTC.
If you enjoy the idea of “broadening your horizons” or diversifying your gaming palette by picking up some random games at a relatively low cost, the Piñata Madness Sale is probably worth looking into. Essentially, you’re able to purchase a random “piñata” for just $3.00. Each piñata includes a random game from a hidden set of around 100 titles. Each game included is priced at $5.99-$44.99 normally, so you’re basically getting anywhere from a 50% to 93% discount on whatever game you end up getting. Although you’re guaranteed to be purchasing a game at a discount, it’s not necessarily going to be the type of game you would normally play, so definitely only participate in this aspect of the sale if you feel comfortable with that idea.
For what it’s worth, I purchased five piñatas and received Krush Kill ‘N Destroy 2: Krossfire, Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos, Cossacks 3, Day of the Tentacle Remastered, and Heroes of Might and Magic 4: Complete Edition. There’s also a pretty well-documented list of titles people have received from piñatas over on the GOG forums, so you can check that out to see some of the possible rewards.
Invisible Inc (via GOG)
For those of you more interested in a good ‘ol regular sale where you know what you’re getting for your money, we’ve got the Weekly Megasale and the Twisted Horrors Sale on right now, with a fair number of pretty great games available at up to 80% off. You can grab the remastered point-and-click timeless classic Grim Fandago Remastered (-80%/$2.49), legendary turn-based fantasy adventure Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete (-66%/$3.39), or catch up for the new Telltale Batman game by grabbing the first season (-65%/$8.79).
A few other noteworthy highlights from the sales:
- Post-apocalyptic dystopian FPS series Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux (-75%/$4.99 each)
- Turn-based tactical stealth game Invisible Inc (-70%/$5.99)
- Stylistic mysterious puzzle-adventure Rime (-25%/$22.19)
- Story-driven mystery horror game The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (-85%/$2.99)
The Witness (via Steam)
And last but certainly not least, here are a few other noteworthy deals from around the web:
- The very board game-esque Town of Salem’s Steam version is available via the Humble microJUMBO bundle by beating the average ($3.09 at the time of writing) along with other games like Oh… Sir!! The Insult Simulator and Geometry Dash. The bundle runs until August 22, 2017 @ 6PM UTC.
- Irreverent co-op action adventure Magicka 2 (-66%/$5.09) via Steam until August 19, 2017 @ 9PM UTC.
- Jonathan Blow’s abstract puzzler The Witness (-66%/$13.60) via Steam until August 18, 2017 @ 5PM UTC.
- Grim futuristic galactic domination RTS Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War GOTY Edition (-75%/$3.24) via Humble Store until August 21, 2017 @ 5PM UTC.